What you need :
- Old fashioned rolled oats - 2 1/2 cups (230 grams)
- Whole almonds, coarsely chopped - 1/2 cup (80 grams)
- Honey - 1/3 cup (113 grams)
- Unsalted butter (cut into pieces) - 1/4 cup (56 grams)
- Packed light brown sugar - 1/4 cup (50 grams)
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kosher salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Apple juice - 400 ml
- Dried cranberries (coarsely chopped) - 1/2 cup (60 grams)
- Alpenliebe Juzt Jelly - ½ cup
- Mini chocolate chips - 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (65 grams)
Toast oats and nuts
Add oats and almonds to a small baking sheet and then bake for 5 minutes. Stir and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl.
Combine butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Cook while stirring occasionally until the butter melts and the sugar completely dissolves.
Pour the butter mixture into a bowl with toasted oats and almonds. Mix well. Let it cool for around 5 minutes, and then add apple juice, cranberries and a ½ cup of Alpenliebe Juzt Jelly. Stir to combine.
Transfer the oat mixture to a lined pan and then use a rubber spatula or damp finger tips to firmly press the mixture into the pan. (Press hard here, this way the bars will stay together once cooled and cut — we press for about one minute to be extra safe).
Scatter the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips over the pressed granola mixture and then use a rubber spatula to gently press them to the top. Cover them and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove block of granola mixture from the pan and then peel away the aluminium foil. Cut into 12 bars.
Store the bars in an airtight container for up to one week. For the softest bars, keep at room temperature. For slightly harder bars, store in the fridge.